My Journey to She’s It
We all have a story and that story turns into our journey. Like most of our journeys there have been both good and bad times. As I reflect on my life and started thinking about all the things that have happened, it’s hard to believe that I’m still here. But I am. I’m still here!
I never wanted to embrace my story.
Many of us don’t. I didn’t want to because parts of the story were painful. And it was because of the painful parts that I couldn’t fully embrace the joyful parts. It’s hard and don’t let anyone tell you that it isn’t. I learned through the pain as well as the joy what really mattered to me.
- Family – because I had 3 children who needed me and without them needing me I may not have survived.
- Spirituality – because during those dark times, all I had was my faith and that it’s only because of grace and mercy that I am still here.
- Work – it was a necessity which is a job, it wasn’t what I loved at that time.
- Education – I had to continue to learn in order to take care of my family. I learned that all learning is not through academia.
- Happiness – I just needed some happy moments so having it was like hitting the lottery when it did happen.
The other categories that make up our Conversations in the She’s It Channels came later…..much later as my story unfolded and I realized it was part of my journey.
Remember that saying don’t judge a book by it’s cover. I learned that a long time ago because if I could be turned inside out, you would see a completely different person. One that has battle scars, is weary and down trodden. There were times that all I could say was “Today I Will”…. I was saying that before it became popular but it got me through each day. I’ll bet some of you reading this can relate.
As I said in the beginning of this conversation, we ALL have a story and we ALL are on our journey but I want it to be a HEALTHy WELLthy Journey to Live Life GRAND…..for you and me. That’s why She’s It exists because you are not alone. As I share my story and journey think about joining any or all of the Conversations in the Channels so you can Engage, Learn and be Motivated to view things differently, perhaps even share YOUR story and let us in on YOUR journey…..to Live Your Life GRAND!